As the holiday season fast approaches, we can use this as an opportunity to practice mindfulness and self care skills. It's so easy to get caught up in the rush of it all; the holiday shopping, eating, drinking, parties, etc.
Breathe! Put a drop of doTERRA's Breathe blend in the palm of your hands, rub together and breath in gently for a few moments! Ahhh! Now that feels better, doesn't, it!?!
Here are some tips for keeping your balance these next few months:
You know what they say, gratitude is the attitude and this is the season to be reminded of it daily! I like to keep a gratitude journal and jot in it daily! It so uplifting to review!
2. SELF CARE!
cOMe frOM a place of OM. OM is known as a sacred mantra, a symbol, the hum of the universe, and the birth of creation. Come from a place of reverence and care for yourself as if you yourself were the DIVINE, which YOU ARE. We are vehicles of the Divine expression in physical form. So we must keep this form fit, healthy, happy and (w)hol(e). We are holy beings friends, never forget who you truly are!
An Example of My Daily Dinacharya (Daily Rituals):
- Before I get out of bed I connect with Source + Give Thanks + Set Intention
- Splash my face with cold water 7 times to stimulate the vagus nerve (look it up!)
- Bathroom routine: Oil Pull (see blog post), Brush teeth (doTERRA's On Guard toothpaste)
- Yoga + Aromatherapy (I've got my energizing citrus blends going in my diffuser)
- Abhyanga / Meditation (adding doTERRA's Frankincense, which is great for the skin + Grapefruit EO's which is great for smoothing out skin tone to my Abhyanga oil!) Being sure to anoint my 3rd eye and crown chakra with Sandalwood!
- Shower (doTERRA's Spa line, body wash, sugar scrub, hair care, Verage facial cleanser)
- Post Shower: I finish my facial care routine with doTERRA's Verage Toner, Immortelle Hydrating Serum + Moisturizer! Then I use doTERRA's Body Butter, Root to Tip Serum and Hair Glaze (to tame my frizz). I also make my own deodorant using doTERRA's EO's!
- Breakfast (I'm not a big breakfast eater so I usually make a meal replacement drink using doTERRA's Vegan Shake with a bunch of superfood additives!)
- Take my vitamins + supplements (doTERRA's Life Long Vitality Pack, TerraZyme + PB Assist)
- Walk in Nature
- Meals with friends
- Solitary time
- Sleep Routine: Lavender + Cedarwood in my diffuser is my fav! Vetiver + Lavender on the soles of my feet. Another slather of body butter! AHHHHH!
The more we give, the more we grow, and then we are more open to receive! It is quite an amazing phenomena. The more we can offer each other and give without expectation, the more we receive from the universe. It is the promise of Shree in the Tantric philosophy. The promise that there is always more abundance. This is what the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi’s teachings are all about. The power of abundance and gratitude! It is a cycle of energy that is available to all if we can only learn to let go of the sense the we don’t have enough! There is an infinite supply of wealth and abundance waiting for each of us to step into the belief that we have all that we need at all times! We just need to fine tune with the speed of TRUST!
4. GET outside in Nature! It's the BEST MEDICINE! Walk in the foods, along the beach, near water, among the trees and plants. Feel the wind on your face, smell the arOMas. Ground down. Get Centered. Breathe deep! Run, Jump, Climb Trees, Play, Swim, Get Dirty, Get your heart racing! Connect with the elements. Feel the Earth's rhythms. You SELF will thank you for it!
Wishing you all peaceful, playful, joyous holy days!
I AM Grateful for YOU!
Keep it simple, keep it sacred, beloved friends!
"It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Albert Einstein